Quality-Director China Operations Quality
JOB DESCRIPTION 录用条件及工作说明书
Position Title 职位名称: Director, China Operations & Asia Quality 营运及品质总监
Location 地点: Dongguan China 中国东莞
1.0 General 概述
• Lead a team of quality professionals in Asia to plan, organize and provide direction on all quality assurance activities in Asia
2.0 Specific Responsibilities 工作职责
• Oversee the quality integrity function in Asia, initiate, plan and develop processes and projects to define and implement quality assurance practices in line with organizational policies, standards, guidelines as well as customers’ requirements
• Keep abreast of up-to-date knowledge and understanding of regulatory and international safety/certification standards/ requirements in children consumer products/toys.
• Interact with cross-functional teams in Asia and North America offices in order to achieve continued focus and improvement in the quality and safety of products
• Involve and plan for the product development & product qualification plan and advise critical concern to implement in engineering design.
• Handle customer complaint, follow up on defective analysis and conduct corrective action, work with engineering departments to resolve quality complaints and process non-conformance, follow thru CAP.
• Conduct manufacturing process auditing, setup process control and safety plan.
• Monitor manufacturing vendor’s quality control and auditing; conduct regular audit and performance appraisals on new vendors
• Participate to customer quality auditing, update procedures/ instructions, propose testing plan and inspection procedure.
• Reinforce company productivity by continuously improving department efficiency and productivity.
• Support the sourcing diversification road map to cope with the company strategy
• Ensure the team meets ethical standards in the development and implementation on continual training, evaluation and improvement of the team
• Develop people and have the team adapts the “best practice” in the industry.
• Review team competence regularly and identify staff development plan for key staff, provide coaching and training to the overall teams.
• Member of the Senior Management team of Asia.
• Role entails frequent travel to our offices in China, Vietnam, India and other locations.
• Perform and complete other additional project, duties, and assignments as required and/or by request.
• Act as the China office in- charge and provide support to the administration team.
• Represent China office to deal with the government agency as needed.
• Provide direction to the team locally as needed while under time constraint situation.
3.0 Reporting Lines 汇报关系
3.1 This position reports to SVP & GM, Asia
3.2 List direct reports to this position:
- Senior Manager, Quality
- Quality Manager
- Senior QA Clerk
4.0 Required Skill Set 工作技能要求
• Strong analytical mind in defining problems, gathering data and designing solutions to resolve problems.
• Self-motivated with good sense of responsibility and strong leadership skills coupled with the ability to get hands on when required without getting drawn into the day-
• Able to transform vision into clear strategy, goal and objectives.
• Excellent command of both written and spoken English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
5.0 Required Qualifications & Experience 任职资格及经验要求
• Degree in Engineering or Quality Management or related discipline, Master Degree is preferred.
• Posses professional certification in Quality Management or Quality Assurance.
• Minimum 10 years of working experience in QA/QC with at least 5 years at
management level, preferably in children consumer or electronic products manufacturing.
• In depth knowledge of North America and European regulatory standards and worldwide safety/certification standards, especially in children consumer products/toys.